This week I have another easy, yet very tasty meal for you: Chicken and Vegetable Packets.
This recipe is very easily customized to your tastes as far as vegetables go, and can be changed according to what you have on hand. You can also use cheap meat or whatever cut you have on hand.
I normally use chicken leg quarters for two reasons: They're very cheap (I got the last package for 49 cents a pound!) and the dark meat adds flavor and doesn't dry out. I have never used boneless, skinless chicken breasts, so I don't know how it would turn out.
Step 1. Tear off a sheet of foil large enough to wrap your meat/veggies in.
Step 2. Place one leg quarter on each piece of foil and sprinkle with herbs and spices of your choice. (I usually go for salt, pepper, garlic, basil, oregano, etc.) You can put some spices under the skin of the chicken, too.
Step 3. Pile on the veggies! This time I used potatoes, carrots, parsnips, red bell pepper (I think), and tomatoes.

Step 4. Sprinkle on some more spices and drizzle everything with olive oil.
Step 5. Wrap it up and cook!

There are two ways to cook this. You can bake them at 375 for about an hour, or you can grill them for 30-45 minutes. Both are equally tasty, so it just depends on how you prefer to cook.
Here is a picture of the packet after it was cooked.
Hmm, it doesn't look much different than the raw picture. ;)
Since I was taking pictures of my plate, Gracie wanted me to take one of hers.
I hope this made sense. It's not really a recipe, just a meal that Weldon taught me how to cook, and that we enjoy fixing and eating! Feel free to ask any questions!!
This recipe is very easily customized to your tastes as far as vegetables go, and can be changed according to what you have on hand. You can also use cheap meat or whatever cut you have on hand.
I normally use chicken leg quarters for two reasons: They're very cheap (I got the last package for 49 cents a pound!) and the dark meat adds flavor and doesn't dry out. I have never used boneless, skinless chicken breasts, so I don't know how it would turn out.
Step 1. Tear off a sheet of foil large enough to wrap your meat/veggies in.
Step 2. Place one leg quarter on each piece of foil and sprinkle with herbs and spices of your choice. (I usually go for salt, pepper, garlic, basil, oregano, etc.) You can put some spices under the skin of the chicken, too.
Step 3. Pile on the veggies! This time I used potatoes, carrots, parsnips, red bell pepper (I think), and tomatoes.
Step 4. Sprinkle on some more spices and drizzle everything with olive oil.
Step 5. Wrap it up and cook!
There are two ways to cook this. You can bake them at 375 for about an hour, or you can grill them for 30-45 minutes. Both are equally tasty, so it just depends on how you prefer to cook.
Here is a picture of the packet after it was cooked.
Since I was taking pictures of my plate, Gracie wanted me to take one of hers.
I am going to have to try this. It looks good and simple and I go for that! I am not crazy about thighs tho' so I might try bone-in chicken breasts.
ReplyDeleteCome see me @
www.happyfamilyhappykids.blogspot.com