Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Wednesday--Project Day

I started this project yesterday and finished it today. Well, I think I finished it. I'm not sure if I'll put another coat of paint on it, or if it will even stay this color. And I'll need my husband's opinion when he gets home from his trip. ;)

I thought I had a before picture already, but couldn't find it. You'll just have to imagine this tray in a dirty, scuffed off-white.
First, I spray painted a quick coat of black paint.

Then a coat of green--Grass Green, I think--this is still wet

Finished and back on the kitchen counter

Closer in--I think I like the splash of color. I also want to continue the red on the walls in between the cabinets (not sure why the previous owner didn't do that).
I love quick, easy projects like this! Sometimes its the little things that make a big difference in a room. Come back next week for more--hopefully it will be my daughter's room that I'm working on then.

1 comment:

  1. Nice! Have you seen the post Jill did on Green Paint? Its neat. Check it out if you haven't.

    ReplyDelete