Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Spring Is Here!!

Well, not officially, but it sure feels like it. It's a beautiful sunny day, 65 degrees, and I can see buds popping out on trees. The previous owners of our house planted tons of bulbs, so I'm seeing tulips, daffodils, gladiolas, and crocus popping out of the ground!
Since it was so pretty today, we went for a walk before lunch. I put on my sunbonnet, threw a basket over my arm, and we walked down the road to the general store. (sometimes, I wish!!)
In reality, we put on our tennis shoes, plopped the kids in strollers, and walked to the dirty convenience store on the corner for some snacks and drinks. See, doesn't the first sound so much better?? Passing horses and wagons instead of cars and school buses?? Sometimes I wish we lived a hundred and fifty years ago. And sometimes I'm really grateful for modern conveniences!
Oh, well, we have to make the best out of what we have and don't have. And that's what I want to do with this blog--show you how we live our lives and make the best of it! We do have a fun life, and I want to share it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment