I started making these a few years ago, when my husband's favorite hamburger buns, King's Hawaiian, were no longer available. They are again on grocery store shelves, but in a smaller package for the same cost. So I'll stick with making these!

King's Hawaiian Hamburger Buns
3 eggs
1 cup pineapple juice
1 cup water
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 teas. ginger
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 stick margarine, melted
6 cups plain flour
2 packages yeast
Beat eggs; add pineapple juice, water, sugar, ginger, vanilla and melted margarine. Put 3 cups flour in a large mixing bowl. Add egg mixture and stir until well mixed. Sprinkle in yeast, 1 package at a time, mixing well. Gradually add other 3 cups flour. Batter will be hard to mix with spoon. You may have to use your hand. Make sure it's mixed well.
Leave batter in bowl and cover with cloth and place in warm place. Let rise 1 hour. Remove from bowl and knead in 1/2 cup flour. Knead about 10 times.
Divide into equal parts and shape into large, flat rolls. Place on a greased baking sheet. Cover and place in warm place and let rise about 1/2 hour. Bake at 350 F for 18 to 20 minutes.
It's been so long since I've made this, I can't remember how many hamburger buns this makes. I'm going to guess about 16-20? Let me know if you make these how many you get!
This recipe can also be made into dinner rolls or loaves. The original source for this recipe called for making it into 3 loaves.
**The picture is not mine...I didn't have a picture, so I found the closest one on Google Images.**

King's Hawaiian Hamburger Buns
3 eggs
1 cup pineapple juice
1 cup water
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 teas. ginger
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 stick margarine, melted
6 cups plain flour
2 packages yeast
Beat eggs; add pineapple juice, water, sugar, ginger, vanilla and melted margarine. Put 3 cups flour in a large mixing bowl. Add egg mixture and stir until well mixed. Sprinkle in yeast, 1 package at a time, mixing well. Gradually add other 3 cups flour. Batter will be hard to mix with spoon. You may have to use your hand. Make sure it's mixed well.
Leave batter in bowl and cover with cloth and place in warm place. Let rise 1 hour. Remove from bowl and knead in 1/2 cup flour. Knead about 10 times.
Divide into equal parts and shape into large, flat rolls. Place on a greased baking sheet. Cover and place in warm place and let rise about 1/2 hour. Bake at 350 F for 18 to 20 minutes.
It's been so long since I've made this, I can't remember how many hamburger buns this makes. I'm going to guess about 16-20? Let me know if you make these how many you get!
This recipe can also be made into dinner rolls or loaves. The original source for this recipe called for making it into 3 loaves.
**The picture is not mine...I didn't have a picture, so I found the closest one on Google Images.**
No comments:
Post a Comment