I am sitting here in the wonderful city of Las Vegas!! Actually, I don't find it wonderful, except for the fact that I am here with my husband, who has business meetings, and the fact that I have no kids with me, so it is truly a vacation! I am alternately enjoying the quiet of my room and the quiet of sitting in the sun by the pool! It's a nice break from the day-to-day stuff and the cold of Virginia.
The girls are with their grandparents in Texas, and they're having a blast! I'm torn between missing them and all their cuteness, and enjoying the freedom to do whatever I please! It's been fun to read and knit without interruption. I will be very glad to see them in a couple days!
Hopefully I will have one or two finished projects to show after knitting for a few days!
Although Weldon has had meetings to attend, we've still had time together. We had all day Sunday, which was rather interesting. After checking in to the hotel and getting breakfast, we caught a taxi to a nearby rock climbing gym. On the way there, we saw a Jamba Juice (which we can't get in VA), so when we finished climbing, we thought we'd just walk down the street to Jamba before catching a bus or taxi back. Well.... Just down the street was actually four miles!! We were a little off in our calculation of how far we had driven after seeing the Jamba Juice!
We called a taxi, and came back to the hotel, took showers and naps and then ate dinner. Mmm, good Mexican food at Pink Taco!!
Yesterday we had breakfast together, then I went back to the room and knitted for a while. Weldon had meetings, so I grabbed a sandwich for lunch, then sat by the pool and read a book.
He was done around 4:30, so we caught a shuttle to the strip, and had dinner at Wolfgang Puck's Postrio. It was so good: pork schnitzel, Austrian roasted potatoes, tomatoes with oil and vinegar, and rustic bread! I wish I had taken a picture!
Dessert was a chocolate mousse and iced coffee from a little bakery.
Then we saw the Phantom of the Opera, which was really cool, and walked two miles back to our hotel and crashed!
I think tonight we're going to have dinner at P.F Chang's and then come back and read for a while. It's fun to eat out on an expense account; you don't have to worry quite as much about where you eat!!

The girls are with their grandparents in Texas, and they're having a blast! I'm torn between missing them and all their cuteness, and enjoying the freedom to do whatever I please! It's been fun to read and knit without interruption. I will be very glad to see them in a couple days!
Hopefully I will have one or two finished projects to show after knitting for a few days!
Although Weldon has had meetings to attend, we've still had time together. We had all day Sunday, which was rather interesting. After checking in to the hotel and getting breakfast, we caught a taxi to a nearby rock climbing gym. On the way there, we saw a Jamba Juice (which we can't get in VA), so when we finished climbing, we thought we'd just walk down the street to Jamba before catching a bus or taxi back. Well.... Just down the street was actually four miles!! We were a little off in our calculation of how far we had driven after seeing the Jamba Juice!
We called a taxi, and came back to the hotel, took showers and naps and then ate dinner. Mmm, good Mexican food at Pink Taco!!
Yesterday we had breakfast together, then I went back to the room and knitted for a while. Weldon had meetings, so I grabbed a sandwich for lunch, then sat by the pool and read a book.
He was done around 4:30, so we caught a shuttle to the strip, and had dinner at Wolfgang Puck's Postrio. It was so good: pork schnitzel, Austrian roasted potatoes, tomatoes with oil and vinegar, and rustic bread! I wish I had taken a picture!
Dessert was a chocolate mousse and iced coffee from a little bakery.
Then we saw the Phantom of the Opera, which was really cool, and walked two miles back to our hotel and crashed!
I think tonight we're going to have dinner at P.F Chang's and then come back and read for a while. It's fun to eat out on an expense account; you don't have to worry quite as much about where you eat!!
Wow, sounds like fun! I'm envious of the warm weather! I hate winter!! Phantom is AWESOME!! I saw it when I was 20 (just a few years ago now) and I loved it, I would see it again. Glad you all are enjoying some "adult" time. :)
ReplyDeleteAwesome! I'm so jealous of your viewing of Phantom of The Opera. It's one of my favorites! Wolfgang Puck's Postrio sounds wonderful also. Have you guys tried any of the buffets for breakfast at any of the hotels on the strip? I think I heard somewhere that the Belagio has the best one. They are really fun to go to and gorge yourself! Enjoy the rest of your trip!
ReplyDeleteHey sounds like your are having fun! Hope we can see you this weekend! (I sent you an email, but don't know if you can get them or not:) Enjoy your time together!
ReplyDelete