Sunday, October 31, 2010

What We've Been Up To.....


Here is a recap of our last couple months in pictures. I'll explain as I go along. This is just a quick view; I have other posts planned for specific projects and recipes.
First off, we did a mini re-do on our dining room. We found this light fixture at Costco, and replaced an old, dirty, swirly one.
Then, Weldon decided to go ahead with this project since we were right there. Our table is really small, so he got a nice piece of plywood, scored it, and we put 3 coats of a poly/stain on it. (the inspiration comes from here) He was going to screw it to the original table, but it doesn't move, so it's just sitting on top of the old one. It more than doubles the number of people we can seat!

We went on a camping trip with our extended family.



Just a cute picture. (and it shows the scuffed nose that was the result of her falling face-first into gravel while we were camping)

Gracie and I made some toilet-paper roll people. This is Laura, Mary and Ma. We've been reading the Little House On The Prairie. Pa will join the family soon, but at the time we only had 3 rolls. ;)

I smashed my thumb in the car door. It's even more black now, 4 weeks later.
The weapons, err, surgical instruments, my husband wielded in an attempt to relieve the pressure on my thumb. It helped a little. Enough said.


We went to the Outer Banks with my parents and siblings for a week. Great fun!

Gracie being, well, Gracie!



Cora turned 9 months old, and then 10 months old. Wow!
So, that is the last couple months in the Stogsdill household. It definitely has NOT been boring! Nor has it been slow--we've kept busy with life and all that it throws at us. I will post more in the next week, hopefully! In the meantime, I'll keep doing projects and taking pictures.
Oh, yes, I added a centerpiece to my new table.


No comments:

Post a Comment