We flew to San Francisco last weekend. Weldon had some business meetings to attend there and we tagged along. After our flight being delayed by several hours, we got to San Fran around 2:30 Monday morning. Thankfully we had a straight flight from D.C., and the girls slept most of the way.
Monday was a rough day for me. We got to our hotel around 3:30 AM, and got a few more hours of sleep. Gracie woke up ready to go around 7:30, I think. With the lack of sleep, and having just been sick a couple days before, I was still experiencing the virus symptoms. So I didn't eat much that day, and didn't feel too great, either. I did take the girls out for a little bit and we got some snacks and stuff at CVS, and spent an hour or so at the Disney store.
Tuesday was a little better. I didn't much feel like going out, but there is not much for the girls to do in the hotel, and I had to go out for meals anyway. So around 11, we headed out to a bus stop, and took a bus loaded with people through Chinatown, and by the end of the line we were the only ones on the bus. That took us to the Exploratorium, which is a huge science museum. There were tons of different things for them to play with and experiment with. Gracie loved the drums! We spent 4 hours there, including lunch.
When it was time to leave, we walked a couple blocks to the bus stop, caught a bus, and then he only took us a few blocks and we had to change buses. I kept asking to make sure that they were on the route we needed to take, and they said we were. Cora wanted a peanut M&M, so I gave her one, and she gagged on the peanut and threw up all down the front of her shirt and coat. I cleaned her up with wipes as best I could, and a lady across the aisle gave me a shopping bag, and I took her shirt and coat off and put them in the bag and wrapped her in my coat. She went to sleep soon after that.
We got close to our hotel, but it wasn't the stop I was waiting for, so I stayed on, thinking that the bus would loop around and stop right by the hotel. In retrospect, I should have gotten off there; it was like 1/2 a block from the hotel. Anyway, we kept getting farther away,so I called Weldon, and he told me to go ahead and get off, and he would come to me. I ended up being only a mile or so away from the hotel, and would eventually have gotten back if I had stayed on the bus, but who knows how long it would have taken, and the area was getting a little sketchy! Weldon had gotten a taxi and picked me up, and we got back all in one piece!
Wednesday was much less exciting. Weldon only had a half day of meetings; I packed everything up and we headed out on our own, no more public transportation! We rented a car and drove down Lombard Street and across the Golden Gate Bridge.
We then spent a couple days in Cupertino, again, fairly uneventful. Peet's coffee, taking the girls to a park, doing laundry.
We got down to Atascadero Friday night, and have been having a great time! More details an pictures later!!
No comments:
Post a Comment