Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Decluttering--and a question!

So, my husband and I have both been bit by the de-clutter bug. And we've been bit BAD. On the surface, our house looks pretty good. Our clutter is hidden, in closets, in decorative boxes, etc. Our desire is to only have what we NEED, nothing more. We have fallen prey to the affluent, American life, like many others, and buy stuff without getting rid of something else.
So, in short, we just feel like we have too much stuff, and our life would be a lot more simple if we had less stuff.
The challenge to myself is to go through the entire house (with the help of my husband), and get rid of trash, other people's stuff, and things that we don't use anymore. I'm going to do this at least through the end of January, maybe longer.
Along with that goes the challenge to not buy anything else, except food, of course, and any other thing that we need to live on. Perishable stuff, not stuff that takes up space forever. I'm going to try to do this as long as I can.

My question to you is this: are you interested in a de-clutter challenge or a no-spend challenge? It would be a weekly or monthly challenge, rewarded by something, I'm not sure what!! Let me know, and I'll come up with a good challenge!!

3 comments:

  1. definitely in need of decluttering around here! It is also my goal, though I wasn't planning on getting serious until January, which is when I will start getting ready for a consignment sale. So, I'm with you on a decluttering challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I would love that! Bring it on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I am in! Monthly probably would work best for me. I have been working at decluttering for some time now, some days I do really well, other days I just get downright depressed.

    ReplyDelete