Friday, December 31, 2010

De-Cluttering Challenge!!



I don't usually make New Year's resolutions, and I'm not going to start, but I did make a list of goals to work on this year. Some people/relationship oriented, and some practical.
Practical, I want to reduce the amount of "stuff" we have, not buy more stuff, and therefore, save money!
Thus, the de-clutter challenge! I am challenging myself to see how much stuff I can get rid of in 2011. I've already started, but I know there's so much more I can do. Weldon cleaned out his office last week, and we did the girl's room earlier this week. Here are the totals:

Office:
30 to give away
34 to recycle
300!! trash (This was mostly paper, but still clutter!)
10 to try to sell

Girl's room:
37 to give away
41 trash
and a couple of boxes of toys went in the attic for later

Grand Total:
452 things out of the house!!

So, the rules of the challenge! Start de-cluttering, and post every Friday what you have gotten rid of. Either count every item, or give a rough estimate of how many things you have gotten out of your house. I will tally up the numbers at the end of the month, and announce a winner! I'm trying to figure out a prize that won't bring more clutter to the winner! Any ideas? I'll continue the challenge as long as there is interest!

Coming next week:
No-Spend Challenge begins
An itemized grocery total for my shopping once-a-month (while avoiding Wal-Mart)
Maybe a recipe or two

1 comment:

  1. I love this idea Lorianne! I started two weeks ago, but still haven't finished the closet I started on! Terrible isn't it! Hey, what about a food related prize? That shouldn't bring more clutter. Even something like a gift card for a scoop of ice cream, or even some of your yummy stuff. You have great recipes.

    ReplyDelete