And.....the promised recipe from last week....
Beef Lo Mein!
12 oz. noodles
2 tsp. sesame oil
2 tsp. minced fresh ginger
2 cloves garlic, minced
12 oz. grilled beef, cut into 1" pieces
1 cup snap peas
1/3 cup shredded carrots
3/4 cup beef broth
2-3 Tbsp. Bragg's amino acids (or soy sauce)
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile heat the sesame oil in a large skillet. Add ginger and garlic and saute for 1 minute. Add beef, snap peas, and carrots; saute 1 more minute. Add broth and amino acids (soy sauce) and bring to a simmer and cook 5 minutes, until carrots are soft. Drain noodles and add to sauce. Toss with cilantro.
As always, I have a couple notes to add on what I used and/or did.
- I used quinoa pasta, because we're trying to stay gluten-free for a little while
- I used a Porterhouse steak; I'm sure you could use whatever cut you prefer or what you have on hand!
- I didn't have snap peas, so I used bell pepper and zucchini cut into strips
No comments:
Post a Comment