Monday, May 31, 2010

Monday Meals

This recipe is very, very good! And relatively easy as well! I've made this for just the two of us, and I've also made it for a group of 10. For the group, I made 5 times the meat (I had a 5 Lb. pork loin) and doubled the salsa. I didn't do as much of the salsa, not sure whether everyone would like it or not. Evidently they did, because the bowls were scraped clean! There was some meat left over, but not much at all.

On a side note:

We just got back from a trip to Texas and the last two days away from the house, so this is copied and pasted from Southern Living dot com. ;0 I have tried it, though, and will attest to it's yummyness!
I will probably be absent for the rest of this week. I'm getting my wisdom teeth out on Wednesday, and don't foresee any projects happening this week! I'll see you all online next week, and in the meantime: enjoy!!


Pork Tenderloin Tacos With Radish-Avocado Salsa

Southern Living

Prep Time: 25 minutes
Yield: Makes 4 servings

Ingredients

  • SALSA
  • 1 (6-oz.) package radishes
  • 1/2 small red onion, diced
  • 1 avocado, diced
  • 1 jalapeƱo pepper, seeded and minced
  • 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
  • 2 tablespoons lime juice
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • TACOS
  • 2 tablespoons brown sugar
  • 3 tablespoons olive oil
  • 2 teaspoons salt
  • 1 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
  • 1 pound pork tenderloin, cut into 1-inch cubes
  • 8 (6-inch) fajita-size corn or flour tortillas, warmed

Preparation

1. Prepare Salsa: Process radishes in a food processor until finely chopped. Stir together radishes, onion, and next 5 ingredients; cover and chill salsa until ready to serve.

2. Prepare Tacos: Stir together brown sugar and next 4 ingredients. Toss pork with brown sugar mixture. Heat grill pan over medium-high heat; cook pork, in 2 batches, 2 1/2 minutes on each side or until done. Serve pork in warm tortillas with salsa.

No comments:

Post a Comment