Wednesday, April 4, 2012

8 years in the making....

Well, here is a finished project that we have been enjoying for a few months now! I pieced the top of this quilt during the winter of 2003. I'm not sure why I didn't finish it then; I had a LOT more free time than I do now!!

Fast forward to this winter....the quilt top had been pinned together with the batting and backing for a while, so the only thing left was to quilt it. I fully intended to hand quilt it, but I realized if I waited to hand quilt it, it still might be years before we got to use it. It is tied for now, and at some point in the future, I may quilt it.



The back is long strips of the same fabrics on the front, so it is reversible.


I also re-made the pillow shams. They were only tied, not sewn, so they had to be re-adjusted regularly. 
Here is before:


And after:

Now the rest of my day involves planting flowers and prepping food for a brunch I'm having tomorrow. Hopefully I will remember to get my camera out so I can share pictures with you!

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely quilt. Don't let anyone tell you that a quilt has to be only quilted. Tying works also. And, you get to use it - a big plus. Now, you can enjoy the fruits of your labors.

    ReplyDelete