Some areas of my house have been in slow-transition mode from when we bought the house, a year and a half ago. We moved in when I was 7 months pregnant, and then after Cora was born, we had some areas that had more priority than others! So I'm just now getting around to making some rooms look like I want them to.
This no-sew project was nice for this morning. My sewing machine has been getting a lot of use recently, and this was a nice break and quick transformation!
These are the pillows I had on my bed.
Not horrible, but they were more of an olive green than a brown. I followed this tutorial and here's what I came up with:
Here's a close-up:
I used a twin sheet from Target ($8.99), and it was slightly smaller than what I needed. I ended up not being able to tie a square knot, so I had to pin the knot on the back side. Still, I didn't sew a stitch!
And just for fun, here's the room when we looked at the house; purple carpet, lavender walls, burgundy curtains, and non-matching bedding!
And here it is today. I apologize for the lighting; it is cloudy and rainy, so it's a little dark.
Coming soon: Master bath before-and-after, and also something new in the kitchen!
Stay tuned!
Also, I am proud to say that I have not looked at a blog since Sunday, except to get one recipe and the pillow tutorial.
The pillows turned out so cute. I love to do projects like this.
ReplyDeleteSo cute! I am totally going to try this!
ReplyDeleteAlisha