Our couches came with pillows when we bought them. Unfortunately, they were neither my style nor colors. Had the purple been red, I may have left them the way they were for a while longer. But, I'm glad I made new covers; I really like them!
Here's before:
These are the covers I made. I used the old pillows for forms, which saved me that cost.
The print pillow fabric I found on the remnant rack at Joann's for $3 or so. I didn't realize how popular that fabric was until later while I was blog-hopping. I just thought it was cute!
The red pillow fabric was a single curtain panel that I had no window for. (all of my rooms have at least 2 windows) I followed this tutorial for the red cover. I still want to add some fabric flowers to the front of it.
These pillows, I repurposed from my guest room. I'll be redoing that room soon, so I'll use some of the original living room pillows for pillow forms up there.
The cost breakdown:
Pillow forms--free
print fabric--$3
red fabric--free
repurposed fabric--free
Hmm, $3 for 4 pillows. Pretty good!
Here's before:
The print pillow fabric I found on the remnant rack at Joann's for $3 or so. I didn't realize how popular that fabric was until later while I was blog-hopping. I just thought it was cute!
The red pillow fabric was a single curtain panel that I had no window for. (all of my rooms have at least 2 windows) I followed this tutorial for the red cover. I still want to add some fabric flowers to the front of it.
Pillow forms--free
print fabric--$3
red fabric--free
repurposed fabric--free
Hmm, $3 for 4 pillows. Pretty good!
No comments:
Post a Comment