Monday, August 29, 2011

We're Okay--Sort Of

In the last week, we have survived a 3,000 mile trip, an earthquake, and a hurricane! Oh, and a toddler with fever for 4 days!
And now, I'm down with a cold and a sore throat! I'm thinking it might be tonsillitis, so I'll be going to the doctor tomorrow. I'm also wondering if the 4 day fever possibly ended in a sore throat for the toddler, too, based on her actions. Hmm, can't really tell, though.
Back to the hurricane. I do have some pictures, but I'm not really feeling like uploading them right now. (bear with my laziness) We got some wind and rain, but it didn't seem too bad. Then, mid-afternoon on Saturday, a neighbor's tree blew over and blocked the whole road. We live on the cul-de-sac end of a street, so there was no getting out for us. 
Our power went out Saturday evening right before I started warming up dinner. So, we had soup warmed on the grill, and biscuits toasted in a skillet on the grill! That night was partially sleepless, because of one who was scared because of the storm and another who was still kinda sick.
Sunday morning, the neighbors banded together to clear part of the tree away so we could at least get out. We went out for breakfast and drove around some to gawk and take pictures of the damage with all the other nosy people in this world. 
This morning was spent picking up the myriad of leaves and sticks that had descended upon our yard! I think some of our neighbors were a little disdainful that we hadn't cleaned it all up yesterday, like they did! But, that's another story, and our yard is clean now!
Our power finally came back on this afternoon (Monday) a little before 1. We were very happy!
And now, with the girls in bed, and Haagen Daaz coffee ice cream waiting for me, I'm going to stop rambling and say good night!!

No comments:

Post a Comment