Well, one of these days this will be a regular thing. Wow! Life just keeps on going, and we have to keep rolling with it! Unfortunately, this blog is probably the first thing that gets set aside because of life's busyness.
We are in between two busy stretches for us. We just finished a month's worth of milking a cow--David and Alana Frogge went to CA for a month, and we were one of four families taking care of their animals. It was enjoyable (except for the antagonism between Weldon and the turkeys), and I learned how to make cheese and butter! We were getting anywhere from 1 1/2-2 gallons every morning and evening, so there was a lot extra! I made feta cheese-using Jennifer Roy's recipe-, mozzarella, ricotta and butter. Yum!
During this month, we were also asked to house-sit for Thomas and Cindy Seaborn who were in CA for 2 weeks as well. We agreed to do this, and moved in over there. We still had milking duties, so we were taking care of the Seaborn's dog and cats and house, and driving to David and Alana's to milk and take care of their animals. This was enjoyable, but definitely busy!
Now to post some specific stuff that I have been intending to post:
Some pictures of Gracie on "the farm". She really enjoyed going up there; she loves animals! She had fun chasing the chickens and turkeys, and was always loving on the "little lamb". (the goat)
Here is a dinner that we had, two recipes from Rachel Ray- I have enjoyed her magazine a lot! Pizza Crudo, with homemade mozzarella and basil fresh from the garden. And, contrary to what some think, I did not grind my own wheat for the bread! I actually did not even make the bread, I bought it! I know this may be shocking, but I'm not quite Martha Stewart. (probably closer to Rachel Ray; I like to use shortcuts) :)
The soup is Summer Strone; it was all very good. The pizza is definitely a repeat, it's so easy and so good! I'll post recipes later.
No comments:
Post a Comment