Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Well, finally back!!

Hello everyone! I apologize for taking so long to post again. As you have probably heard, we are expecting again, so that was a big player in my being silent for so long. I have been a little sick and very tired! So that didn't make it easy to get on here and think about what to write.
Now, I am 12 weeks (3 months) along, and starting to feel a lot better. I will try to be more diligent in writing on here.

Last time, we were packing for Aruba. We did have a good time, with Stephanie especially, but we did realize that we are not big resort people. It wasn't as relaxing as we had hoped; we were pretty busy with work events and the general hustle and bustle of a resort.
Let me back up a little. On the way down to Charlotte, we stopped at a Wildlife and Science Museum in Durham, NC. It was good to get out of the car and let Gracie run around.

The butterfly house.

"Can I hold it?"

Gracie enjoyed the playground that was there....all kinds of stuff to climb in and around on.

We continued our drive to Charlotte, picked Stephanie up at the airport, and spent the night. Got up the next morning at 5, and flew to Aruba! Upon arriving, we found that it was very warm and also very humid! (which we were not expecting)
We got a ride to the hotel--the Hyatt Regency--checked in, and headed for the beach. It was a pretty beach, white sand and turquoise water. However, most of the beach was covered with tables and lounge chairs, and getting in the water was limited, as there were boats constantly running back and forth close to the beach.
The first night we were treated to a welcome dinner on the beach. The next day Weldon and I went para sailing in the morning and got a massage in the afternoon. We went to an awards dinner that night while Stephanie watched Gracie.
On Monday, we had a ride into town and shopped for a couple hours. Bought a few souvenirs, then came back to the resort for a nap and more time on the beach.
Went out to eat that night and then packed up and headed for the airport Tuesday afternoon.

View from our room

The entry area of the resort

Best coffee in Aruba!

Gracie enjoyed her milk out of the "little bitty coffee cup"

The beach


1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you guys had loads of fun! I am so excited that you are expecting again! Can't wait for another cousin!

    ReplyDelete